The truth is that men have become obsessed with bigger and better, and it’s destructive. We, as men, need to give these up. I am not talking about ambition or being motivated to strive for a goal. I am talking about when it becomes toxic and self-destructive.
End these toxic preoccupations ASAP
- Constantly seeking validation, attention, and approval — I feel like a failure when I don’t get the love from my online posts and social media, and I know I am not alone.
- Acting like everything is okay all the time — everyone is Yoda this day-and-age, but you need to live it too. It’s okay to be ‘not okay’ and have emotions. In the world where everyone is ‘crushing it’, you need to be you and express your emotions.
- Being obsessed with material possessions and ‘stuff’ — if you are buying things on credit and racking up debt, you will never be happy. Identify what you NEED versus what you WANT. Don’t rob yourself of future success even though it may be hard.
- Being obsessed with having an amazing body — your goal should be health and taking care of your body. You don’t have to look a certain way to be attractive, and you don’t have to be self-destructive to make your body look a certain way.
- Being obsessed with spicy senoritas — sure, appreciate beauty but don’t be preoccupied and think about it more than you should. Start focusing on you and being the best person you can be. Also, don’t give pretty girls a pass. If someone is good looking, popular, or has a lot of money, wrong is wrong and a sh!tty person is a sh!tty person.
- Engaging into too much learning and not enough action — there comes a point when you should stop learning and do the work. Don’t be paralyzed; move forward and believe in yourself. Failure may happen, but don’t worry about making mistakes because mistakes happen.
- Being obsessed with self-improvement — there’s a point where you should stop being ‘better’ and start being ‘you’. Own the fact that you’re awesome, because there’s nobody like you. Don’t change and be someone you’re not.