Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Here are a few gifts you should never get your girl — as well as a few that she will love.
AVOID giving these!
- Anything from a drugstore — flowers, chocolate, and stuffed animals. These are cliche and lame.
- Exercise equipment — you think she’ll love it, but she thinks that you think she’s fat.
- Appliances — if it has a cord, it’s not romantic or makes her feel special.
- Fake diamonds — (aka cubic zirconia) jewelry can be an amazing gift, but it can make her feel horrible if you don’t invest in the real thing. JamesAllen.com is where I got my wife a diamond bracelet and earrings for Christmas. JamesAllen is affordable, has lifetime service, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Shipping is also fast.
- Pet(s) — she may love it, but if she didn’t ask for it, you are giving her a responsibility. Also, if you two don’t work out, that pet will make her think of you every time she looks at it.
- Something you want — it’s about them, not you!
- Lingerie — is it for her or for you? You also have to nail the size.
Gifts she will absolute LOVE
- Pampering experience — gift certificate to a salon, spa, facial, or masseuse.
- Taking a trip — even if it’s overnight, it’s a great way to break the monotony.
- Tickets to a show — tickets are a great gift that builds a memory.
- Jewelry — simple jewelry (sterling silver, pendants, bracelets, rings) is a good gift, but you have to know her taste.
- Dinner with you as the chef — plan and prepare the whole thing. Show effort and execute — you will win Valentine’s Day!