When being well-groomed, certain rules are non-negotiable (like having a monster man-bush). Certain grooming rules were designed specifically to keep you looking like a savage. On the flip side, some other grooming rules should be broken. So, I am going over some popular grooming rules that good looking guys break — that you should break too.
STOP adhering to these grooming practices
- ‘Don’t shampoo your hair every day’ — for some people this is fine. But if you have greasy hair or if you use a lot of product, you need to wash more. I wash 2xs a day.
- ‘Barbers are for men and stylists are for women’ — barbers are better for basic men’s cuts and using clippers (fading). But if you don’t want a basic style, a hair stylist is a better option. It’s all about layers, texture, and volume.
- ‘If you can’t grow a good beard, don’t grow one’ — most men have patchy, thin, or irregular beards. Grow your beard for 30-days to get an accurate representation. Then, define your boundaries.
- ‘It’s gay to shave your arms, legs, and armpits’ — shaving or trimming arms, legs, and armpits doesn’t make you ‘gay.’ You can show your muscles more by reducing the bulk of your body hair.
- ‘Just taking care of the unibrow is enough’ — you need to remove eyebrow hair as I describe, but there’s a fine line between cleaning up your eyebrows and looking feminine. Never use a razor on your eyebrows.
- ‘You need to scrub your face super hard’ — you need to mildly exfoliate 2xs a week. If you go too hard, you can age your face. You also need an AM moisturizer with SPF AND a PM moisturizer at night. Use Vaseline on your lips for kissable lips, which you can also use Vaseline to make your fragrance project better.
- ‘Have a signature scent’ — most guys wear the same fragrance every year, every day. You will get used to it. Instead, switch fragrances you wear week-to-week.