One of the hardest things I had to do is give up a dream. I had to realize and be honest with myself that no matter how much I worked on it or wanted it, my dream fitness center wasn’t going to work. It was the lowest point of my life… BUT it was when my life truly got better. Same goes for you — be honest with yourself and be your change. Stop doing these things to get to where you need to get.
STOP doing these immediately
- Playing it safe — stop being complacent. You have to step outside of your comfort zone to achieve the greatness you’re destined to achieve.
- Being scared to fail — failure is liberating as you have nowhere to go but up. Be willing to fail and go after what you want. If it doesn’t scare you, it’s not big enough.
- Living a life that doesn’t fulfill you — what does fulfillment mean to YOU (and only YOU)? If your life doesn’t offer that fulfillment, you’re wasting time. It’s about identifying what is going to fulfill you then figuring out a way to do it. I recommend taking this Skillshare class, “Finding Fulfillment: Using Pivots to Power Your Creative Career.”
- Giving attention to someone who doesn’t deserve it — you should have someone who loves you unconditionally and reciprocates your love. You deserve respect, dignity, and courtesy, so quit the people who aren’t worth your time and love.
- Waiting for things to be different without taking action — you need to make sh!t happen rather than waiting. You have to do the work.
- Abusing your body — stop eating bad, start exercising, stop binge drinking. How healthy you are now is a reflection of who you’ll be in the future. Don’t take your health and life for granted.
- Living vicariously through others on social media — social media makes us lazy. Experience the world, other people, and other cultures. You need to share experiences to form bonds, create connections, and have deeper relationships.
The first 1000 people to use this link will get a 1-month free trial of Skillshare Premium Membership!