Abs. We will talk about this today, specifically how to get yours to show better by burning more body fat while you’re sleeping. The video will be divided into two parts, including scientifically proven ways to lose more body fat while snoozing and Alpha M. approved hacks to get your abs to show better and faster.
Burn more body fat while you sleep
- Get more sleep. Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep at night. Research has demonstrated that you will gain weight if you’re not sleeping enough. Other studies have shown that sleeping 7 to 8 hours a night will burn 400 more calories than sitting.
- Sleep in a cold environment. Sleeping in 66° F temperatures has been shown to help you burn up to 7% more calories a night because you’re in a colder environment. Your body has to heat up and work harder to maintain its core body temperature.
- Take cold showers. Take a 30-second cold shower, including your head. You will potentially burn up to 400 more calories a night. That means over seven days, that’s almost a pound of fat.
- Green tea. Drink three cups of green tea a day. The flavonoid in green tea has been shown to increase metabolism and burn body fat by 3.5% overnight. Green tea does not have much caffeine and will keep you hydrated.
- Increase water consumption. Drink plenty of water, specifically a gallon a day. Drink the water while it’s cold to burn more calories. The water has to heat up. Also, drinking adequate water will help you lose more weight while sleeping as it will facilitate the fat loss process.
- Lift weights at night. Lifting lights, in general, will increase your metabolism because, for every pound of lean muscle, you will burn 60 calories extra per day. This includes when you’re sleeping. And then, when you lift weights at night, your metabolism gets cranked up for 16 hours, which means when you go to sleep, your metabolism is an inferno.
- Try intermittent fasting. Restrict or eliminate calories for 16 hours. If you stop eating around 7:00 at night and then don’t eat until 11:00 in the morning the next day, your body will not be releasing as much insulin, which is the main driver for storing fat. Many people make the mistake of eating close to bedtime when their insulin spikes. Body fat will be stored. Restricting calories and not allowing insulin to spike while sleeping will facilitate fat loss.
- Perform fasted cardio. Doing cardio the first morning when you get up will shred fat because your body is empty, and you will dip into fat stores or fatty acids as the energy source. If you do cardio when you’re not fasted, you will have a lot of glucose and glycogen in your bloodstream, which will be your body’s first choice for energy. Your body technically doesn’t want to get rid of body fat because it’s stored energy.
- Increase protein intake. Protein is amazing for your body, including your muscles needing it to rebuild. For your body to break down and store protein, more calories are used than when breaking down carbohydrates. It has a higher thermic effect, meaning you’ll burn more calories just by eating protein instead of anything else. Protein also does not spike insulin levels, so your insulin levels will be kept lower, so you will not store as much body fat. Your body will burn it and use it to shred abs.
- Consume apple cider vinegar. Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and water before bedtime benefit weight loss. The acetic acid in the apple cider vinegar will help regulate blood sugar and reduce cravings. It will speed up fast loss and reduce potential fat storage.
Reduce water-weight retention
- Drink a lot of water. Drink a gallon a day to flush out and not retain water. When you eat a diet high in crap, salts common carbohydrates, you’ll retain water which will also be in your face as well as your abs. You’ll retain less water if you give your body what it needs to be properly hydrated.
- Stick to a low-carb diet. Stick with proteins and vegetables that aren’t starchy. You’ll lose 5 lbs in a day. It happens because carbohydrates absorb water like a sponge, and when you’re eating a lot of carbs, you’ll retain more water.
- Switch to distilled water. Drinking distilled water instead of regular water helps you to retain less water.
- Skip weight loss suits. These are not great for you and can potentially be dangerous. Sweating heavily from these weight loss suits will cause you to lose necessary nutrients. Ensure you’re eating enough iodized salt, as iodine is one of the essential nutrients that helps regulate the thyroid. If your thyroid isn’t working correctly, you could gain weight. If you’re sweating due to sitting in a sauna or doing a lot of cardio, sprinkle some iodized salt on your food.