ENEMY | use code AMAZING15 for 15% OFF! (limited time offer)
Pete & Pedro | use code SMELLCONFIDENT15 for 15% off
Alpha considers himself a pretty confident dude — he feels good interacting and engaging. But he can get shy and awkward when he’s around a lot of people he doesn’t know. In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness, and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM https://iamalpham.com/ AaronMarino https://aaronmarino.com/ Pete & Pedro https://peteandpedro.com/ Tiege Hanley https://www.tiege.com/and ENEMY https://enemy.com/ discusses how he looks confident on the outside even though he may be shy on the inside. The first part is 6 tricks he uses; the second part is an exercise that you can practice to get over the fear of rejection.
Conquering that fear!
- Find your outfit of awesomeness — you wear this outfit of awesomeness, and you feel confident. It’s a transformation when you put it on. Alpha’s outfit of awesomeness is a leather jacket, Chelsea boots, simple tee, medium or dark wash jeans, and ENEMY sunglasses. ENEMY is also selling custom rings like Alpha’s now!
- Use Alpha’s body language trick — put your phone away to take yourself to the next level. Cross your arms instead — yes, it’s standoffish, but it’s not making you look shy & awkward.
- Make eye contact — don’t avoid eye contact as you look weak, submissive, and shy. If you can’t bring yourself to looking into someone’s eyes, look at their eyebrows.
- Smell amazing — wearing an incredible fragrance is like a spritz of confidence. Rock Pete & Pedro’s new fragrance KING! It’s fresh and new! REBEL was launched a year ago because Alpha was sick of paying $350 for Creed Aventus. Thus, he created the inspired fragrance REBEL. Next HERO was inspired by Acqua di Gio. But there as one more fragrance that Alpha loves and gets a ‘crap-ton’ of compliments: Creed’s Green Irish Tweed. KING was born! Each fragrance is less than $50, but buy them as a set to save more money.
- Make it about them — redirect the person when they ask you a question. People love to talk about themselves, so keep asking follow-up questions until you feel more comfortable.
- Start saying ‘yes’ instead of ‘no’ — no more excuses! Saying ‘yes’ will do more, go to more places, and engaging more people. You will still feel shy and awkward initially, but you will grow less and less the more you put yourself out there. Each time it gets easier.
The Coffee Challenge
The next time you make a purchase anything, including a coffee, ask for 10% off. It’s not about getting the 10% off; it’s simply about asking. The more you work the ‘fear muscle’, the more you will get comfortable being scared, awkward, and shy. And the better at it you’re going to get with the most uncomfortable situations; thus, the less sky, awkward, and uncomfortable you’re going to become.