There’s nothing better than finding a fragrance you love. And when you get a compliment on it, it’s game-over; you win! For me, Creed Aventus did that for me. When I wore it, I felt more confident. Wearing a signature scent is not just about smelling amazing — it’s also about the confidence you gain while wearing it. That being said, I have a few tips and tricks to help your fragrance last longer and project further.
Hacks to rock your fragrances harder + longer + better
- Do NOT apply right after the shower — you want the fragrance to sit on top of your skin and not absorb, so apply it as the last thing you do before leaving for the day.
- Hydrate your skin — use moisturizer before applying fragrance but make sure the moisturizer is fragrance-free. Layering fragrances will kill your fragrance’s signature scent. Instead, apply 6 squirts into your unscented moisturizer so it smells like the fragrance you’re wearing.
- Wear an EDP fragrance — the intensity of the fragrance is determined by the amount of oil. Go with an EDP (eau de parfum) that lasts longer and projects better. EDPs are typically more expensive, with the exception of Pete & Pedro’s inspired fragrances which are under $50.
- Apply to pulse points — use Vaseline first as a barrier to prohibit the fragrance from soaking in. Never spray fragrance on your hair because of the alcohol which will dry & damage your hair. You can spray cologne on your regular cotton clothes but not too closely (12-18 inches is the key). I have never stained my clothes with cologne, and the fragrances last on my clothes.
- Don’t over-apply your fragrance — just because you can’t smell it doesn’t mean others can’t. You still smell amazing, but you can reapply later in the day (1-2 squirts) but don’t go crazy.
Pete & Pedro EDP Fragrances
NEW fragrance alert! Villain is inspired by Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille. It’s manly sexiness! And it’s under $50.