I’m tired of feeling bad, especially for things I shouldn’t. Life is hard, but what makes it harder is allowing other people’s opinions to affect the way that you feel about yourself. What got me thinking about this is when I was telling someone about my new house that I am building, and they started questioning me.
They were questioning my decisions and expenses, and they were trying to make me feel guilty about doing something I am very excited about. I started to think about why I am letting this person’s opinion affect how I feel about myself, which led me down this rabbit hold of other things in my life where I have allowed people’s opinions to affect my self-esteem and how I feel about myself.
Never apologize for these …
- Outgrowing people — whether family, friends, or significant others, you should never feel bad about wanting more for yourself or for striving for better.
- Being successful — my whole life I have busted my nuts, trying to make something of myself. And then I wonder what people think of my success after I grew up poor and on welfare. I start questioning rather than being proud.
- Protecting yourself — I learned this the hard way two times: once with my identity being stolen and once when my bank account was hacked. I am now shielded by a VPN (Virtual Private Network).
- Looking good — there is nothing wrong with wanting to look amazing and attractive. Don’t worry about what your friends, family, or co-workers might say if you want to dress nice or eat healthfully.
- Abstaining from drinking & drugs — if you hang-out with people who drink & use drugs, they can feel incredibly insecure and weird if you’re hanging out with them sober.
- Loving who you love — never feel bad for who you love.
- Being selfish with your time, energy, or emotions — we all have limited bandwidths, so be concerned over what you can control and don’t worry about how other people want you to feel.
Get digital privacy now! Get private internet access for $1.98 per month + 4 extra months for FREE (3 year membership) through this special link.