We’re talking about one of my favorite men’s style essentials: the simple, basic tee shirt. But it’s anything but simple and basic. You need to follow some rules to make sure it fits you properly and looks sexy! I love tees so much because if you’re wearing them right, you look effortlessly cool. You can find them in all price ranges — and if you find one that looks incredible on you, double down and rock it!
How to look effortlessly cool in your tees
- It needs to fit perfectly — not too tight or loose, expose triceps (not too long), body of shirt tailored (not tight), doesn’t cover your crotch (but also doesn’t expose your belt).
- You need black and white tees — these match and coordinate with everything.
- You need both black and white tee shirts — black all day every day if you want to look sexy; the white tee shirt makes you appear broader / bigger.
- Go with a v-neck to create an illusion of width — you will look broader.
- Bright colored tees are a great way to get compliments — step outside of your style box, but nothing too bright.
- Solids are better than patterns; graphics are always casual (and never wear anything offensive).
- Pocket tees are more casual — in comparison to classic & clean.
- Never fully tuck your tee into your jeans –the partial tuck is acceptable. Check out my demonstration.
- Dress down a suit with a tee shirt, which you can tuck it — make sure the condition of the tee, collar, and fabric are as I describe. Dress it down even more with white minimal leather sneakers.
- Tee shirts work amazing as a base layer — I love to pair my tees with jeans and a bomber jacket year-round.
Pick the collar, hem, and sleeve length with Cuts to make the perfect shirt! And pima cotton tee shirts are back in stock! Grab them with an additional discount.