Being honest with themselves is a skill that most people do not have. We spend so much time and energy lying to ourselves to protect ourselves from being disappointed by failure or even rejection. Unfortunately, your growth will be stifled and, ultimately, your happiness if you do this. That being said, I’m going over some dangerous lies that men need to stop telling themselves.
You’re critically fooling yourself by …
- Thinking you are too old or too young – stop using age as an excuse for why you can’t achieve certain things.
- Procrastinating – always putting off until tomorrow is dangerous. If you’re doing this, you’re not ready to challenge yourself and move yourself in the right direction.
- Basing your worth on your job or money – your value as a man is not based on how much money you have. It’s based on character, integrity, and happiness. If you are confident and secure with who you are, this asset is the most valuable you can possess.
- Believing you’re not good enough – whether your body or mind, don’t compare yourself to others. You should not be basing your worth on other people because the only person you’re competing against is yourself. These feelings of incompetence could stem from social media or unresolved situations from your past. Often, we are collateral damage in other people’s lives. Therapy helped me, and you deserve to be happy too. Click Better Help to get 10% OFF your 1st month.
- Ignoring issues – problems just don’t go away. Take control of your life and your happiness to move forward.
- Not admitting that you have a problem – whether emotional, substance abuse, relationships or otherwise, you need to be strong enough and honest with yourself to admit there’s a problem. Even strong alpha males ask for help when they need it.
- Not taking care of yourself – even if you appear healthy, you may not be. And a lot of times, when we’re young, we have a false sense of security. Make sure you get regular check-ups and blood work. Make strategic choices to be healthy, including your diet, supplementation, and water consumption.
- Rationalizing that it’s okay to cheat – scumbag men cheat on their significant other. If you absolutely have to cheat, end the relationship.
- Convincing yourself that the relationship is ‘good enough’ – make sure you’re in it for the right reasons and that you can see yourself long-term with her. Don’t drag her along. Pull the band-aide off and end the relationship.