Certain things a man should never let someone else do for him. It doesn’t matter if the person is a family member, you’ve been boys forever, or she’s hot.
Don’t allow anyone to …
- Think for you. You are a sheep if you allow others to set your agenda based on theirs. Too many dudes allow others to choose for them rather than thinking for themselves. Make sure to get information from multiple sources, decipher it, and then make up your mind. It doesn’t matter if your friend, mom, dad, or a weird Uncle Barry chooses to believe something else; your life is your choice.
- Choose who you should love. It doesn’t matter what anybody else says besides you and that person. If you find somebody that you can kick it with and that you love, it’s your life. And your life is your responsibility.
- Dictate what you’re wearing. Your style and fragrance are not for somebody else to choose. One of the biggest mistakes I see dudes make is letting a woman choose what they are wearing. Your style is your personal packaging, responsibility, and branding. Embrace your style, figure out what works for you, decide what resonates with your soul, and then rock the shit out of it. Also, don’t let anybody else pick out your signature fragrance other than you. Your girlfriend will buy whatever she bought somebody else, and you’ll end up wearing Sauvage. It’s an undisputed fact. But if you’re ready to take your fragrance game to the next level and embrace your individual style, pick out a signature sent today with Pete & Pedro’s panty-dropping fragrances.
- Enable your lousy choices. Enablers are everywhere, encouraging bad behavior and allowing people to go in the wrong direction. When you do something bad, they’ll either be by your side or not tell you that you did something stupid.
- Tell you what you WANT to hear rather than what you NEED to hear. True friends tell you what you need to hear, and bad friends encourage you to make bad choices. A real friend tells you the truth instead of blowing smoke up your ass.
- Make you feel bad about yourself. Don’t allow other people’s opinions to dictate your self-esteem. With social media, many men don’t get the support and encouragement they need. So, they feel shallow & hollow inside, like they failed. Feeling good is intrinsic, so ensure you have a good sense of self. Also, ensure you’re secure not to allow other people’s opinions to dictate how you feel about yourself.
- Choose your path in life. When we’re young, our family may influence what we want to do with our lives. We may say what we want, and then they counter it with what they think we should. So, we end-up following their direction. All may be good until we reach middle age and suddenly realize what happened. Don’t ever allow somebody to dictate where you go. This is your life and not theirs, so do not allow their opinion of you to dictate your direction. Sure, you should listen to sound advice. Surround yourself with those who love you, and listen to their wisdom and encouragement. But be true to who you are so you don’t feel trapped around 40 to 50 years old (aka mid-life crisis).