Drastic times call for drastic HAIR measures. It’s been 3-weeks since his last cut, and he’s not going out for a cut due to quarantines in place. So in this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM https://iamalpham.com/ AaronMarino https://aaronmarino.com/ Pete & Pedro https://peteandpedro.com/ Tiege Hanley https://www.tiege.com/and ENEMY https://enemy.com/ is getting down to business with a home hair cut and styling session.
Alpha’s Step-by-Step Self Haircut
You’ll need the following: handheld mirror, sharp scissors, comb, and hair clippers.
1. Wet your hair — when you’re finished, towel dry.
2. Comb up off the sides and find where you normally part your hair which sections your hair.
3. Hair clippers typically have 5 attachments and microadjustments. Alpha starts with #4. Start at the temple, go up, and fade out (not up and over). Repeat to the other side. Last, grab your handheld mirror and do the back
5. Next up is the #3 attachment and then the #2 attachment. When he goes to #1, he moves the blade as far out as it can go. He fades lower at sideburn and base of neck for a tighter look. Roll the clippers for a gradual fade rather than a hard line.
6. Clean up around the ear and neck — you may need help as this step is a bit tricky. Go nice and slow.
7. Progress to the top of your head — your hair needs to be dampened on the top. Then pull up a sections and cut a bit of the ends off. Move section by section over your hair.
It’s scary right now — and we need to take care of each other. We are resilient and amazing when we come together. Times are tough and crazy right now, and they will get better. But in the meantime, you NEED to continue to take care of yourself and others around you. Use the super discount code to stock up or grab whatever you need. Visit Pete & Pedro and use code HOMEHAIR20 for 20% OFF
Moment of Truth | How did Alpha do?
He applies a heat protectant spray, Pete & Pedro PROTECT, and styles normally. Alpha uses a sea salt spray, Pete & Pedro SALT, for texture and volume. Thereafter, he uses Pete & Pedro Putty which is the best matte product he’s ever used. Emulsify and apply; then brush into place and dry. He uses a little putty again to finish the style and lock it into place. He also does this for piece-y separation.
What do you think? He didn’t do bad! You still have control even in times like these — you can remain well groomed. It’s also important to stay in a positive mindset as well as it feels good to learn a new skill.