Some simple actions you can take daily will genuinely change the trajectory of your life. My goal with today’s video is to help you unf*ck your life. The great news is that implementing these small, simple modifications will make you look better, feel better, and have more money. You will live a healthier and longer life and have more spicy ass.
Steps to change your life’s trajectory
- Get 8 hours of sleep. I don’t care how you do it, but it’s about reverse engineering your morning. If you know you need to be at work at 8:00 a.m. and want an hour by yourself, get up to do that. You’ll have to go to bed at a decent hour to facilitate the 8 hours of solid slumber.
- Make a daily plan. Don’t do to-do lists. Instead, start making a daily plan, which is a life-changing step. I used to do a to-do list, but I would get all stressed out because my list wasn’t done at the end of the day. I wasn’t being more productive, so I stopped making that type of a list. I started blocking my day and scheduling out my day, which is more productive and effective. I feel better, and I’m not stressed out.
- Stop drinking for 30 days. You may have to find other things to do or other friends to hang out with, but you will magnificently change the trajectory of your life. You’ll feel better, look better, and be more productive. Your mind will be clear, and you will not beat yourself up.
- Be active daily. Go for a walk or jog, ride your bike, go to the gym, do some push-ups — just be active! Go for a hike; it doesn’t matter. You need to be active for at least 1 hour a day; if you get outside, that’s a bonus. I like to do this first thing in the morning, which is one of the best things you can do for your circadian rhythm and serotonin regulation. Looking too much at devices affects your circadian rhythm, sleep, and serotonin and dopamine levels.
- Remove social media apps. There are a few reasons to do this: you will save time and stop those dopamine hits. When you’re dopamine is out of whack, you will not be as motivated because you’re addicted to your devices. A simple action is to remove them and occupy your time in other ways. Get dopamine from healthy means, which is going out and achieving. The dopamine would be the reward from actually accomplishing what you go after.
- Take vitamins & pre-, pro-, and post- biotics. This is a simple action to help your body daily. Even if you eat a healthy diet, you will miss micronutrients and the needed quantities. I take Ritual Daily Essential for Men. You must also ensure that your microbiome game is strong for your immune system. Take a high-quality pre-, pro- and post-biotic. Your microbiome can get out of whack because of stress, poor diet choices, and medication. You need good, healthy bacteria in your gut, which Symbiotic Plus by Ritual will get your gut health straight.
- Take cold showers every morning. I started doing this several years ago when I did a video about cold showers’ benefits. I wanted to try it, so I did it for 30 days and was hooked. I have yet to go back. Every morning, I take a quick cold shower, which wakes you up and has numerous benefits, including being great for your hair and skin.
- Use a daily skincare routine. This is one of the quickest and easiest things you can do to feel incredible and help your face look great. It will give you confidence and compliments on your complexion.
- Start saying ‘yes.’ When your friends ask you to go somewhere, say yes. When people invite you to places, say yes. The opportunities and experiences are new environments and situations that will add character and texture to your life. You will meet new people and have new experiences, making you feel good and more interesting.
- Make a budget. A budget will help you stop buying stuff that you don’t need. It’s about knowing how much money you have coming in and how much money you have going out. This is the only way that you will understand your finances and put yourself on the right financial trajectory. Nothing else matters if you don’t know where everything is or going.
- Identify need versus want. And if you want it, don’t buy it. If you need it, wait for 14 days. If there’s something that you want to buy that’s not a necessity, wait 14 days. Then, if you still think you need it, get it. Most likely, the answer will be no.
- Make a list of your friends. Put a checkmark next to the people that are good for you. Put an X next to the people that are bad for you. Hang out with people who are good for you, so identify those in your life that add value, bring you joy, and lift you up. Remove yourself from those in your life who are bad for you, making you feel bad and possibly toxic. Unfortunately, some of these people could be your parents or family members. I’m not saying that you don’t ever need to not talk to them again, but you need to be able to put up boundaries.