I am not saying there is anything wrong with being perceived as feminine or being a little bit more feminine as a man. However, if you want to be perceived as more manly, you need to stop doing these things.
Say ‘NO’ to these
- Using excessive filters — these filters that women use make you as a dude look more feminine and literally like a woman.
- Applying excessive makeup — men’s makeup is more mainstream, but there’s a fine line between using cover-up and looking like you’re using makeup.
- Having longer hair — as you let your hair grow, your look softens. Shorter cuts look more masculine.
- Not man-spreading when you sit — you need to take more space which is dominant body language. ‘Knees together’ is the proper way women sit.
- Having a weak handshake — develop a firm but not too aggressive handshake. Make sure you practice with a friend or family member.
- Wearing big & baggy oversized clothing — you will appear small in oversized clothes; on the flip-side, the properly fitted version creates the masculine ‘V’. The clothing brand Cuts has a masculine silhouette, which is why I love them so much.
- Overly grooming or manscaping — take the bulk out of your monster man-bush, but shaving every hair off of your body will make you look more feminine. Also, if you’re overly grooming or arching your eyebrows will make you look super feminine.
- Having petite facial features (especially noses, lips, hands, feet) — grow facial hair to balance your nose and/or mouth. Also, wear frames of substance and structure.
- Overly accessorizing — a ton of rings, bracelets, chains, and necklaces will make you look more feminine.
- Wearing super skinny tight jeans — these make you look like a girl from the back.