A lot of guys have anxiety about performance. I see guys in movies where the man is hammering away for 45-minutes and then they think that’s what women want and expect. That being said, I am going over details about performance, duration, and how to last longer. Keep in mind there is no one size fits all situation for everyone’s unique relationship. It’s not about pounding away — it’s all about communication, what works for you & your partner, and the total experience.
Standards & Averages of Duration
Duration doesn’t include the warm-up, only the actual action that starts the final outcome. Getting physical and intimate is a lot more than penetration. Most women don’t reach the ‘oh no’ finish from penetration, like they do from oral or other stimulation. As you can see, it’s all over the board so you have to find what works for you. Are you happy with your performance?
- 2005 Journal of Sexual Medicine which found that 1-2 minutes is too short and 10-30 minutes is too long. Adequate action is between 3 to 7 minutes, but desirable is 7 to 13 minutes.
- Next, the Multinational Population Survey found it lasted 33 seconds to 44 minutes with the average ideal duration being 5.4 minutes. They also found that condom versus no condom didn’t make a difference, but your geographic location does with Turkey being the shortest at 3.7 minutes with the UK, US, Netherlands, and Spain being ‘up there’ in terms of average duration. Also, they found that the older you get, the shorter the duration occurs.
Tips to Make You Not So Quick
- Use some kind of benzocaine product — it’s a numbing agent to reduce the sensation. You can find benzocaine in some condoms as well as in Roman Wipes.
- Practice edging — when taking care of yourself solo and you’re about to do your thing, stop, hold your breath, and relax. Proceed thereafter.
- Practice the squeeze technique — squeeze behind the head with 2 fingers just before you are about to finish and hold for 2-seconds to force the blood back.
- Switch positions — change just before you are ready to finish.
- Pre-party with Big Al before you go out — you won’t be as eager, it won’t be as urgent, and you should last a bit longer.