In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro says that there’s nothing that strikes fear in the hearts of modern men than the idea that they have to tie a bow tie as evidenced at recent wedding that Alpha attended where the men were all freaking out about tying bow tie.
Practice! It’s a cool skill to have, and successfully tying one is manly satisfying like changing a tire. Self-tied bow ties should be a bit a little asymmetrical. They shouldn’t look like they were pre-tied and off-the-rack. Bow ties aren’t that complex and complicated as Alpha demonstrates.
Quick and Dirty Bow Tie Tying Tutorial
- Determine the length of the bow tie by going to 4th button and align (adjust down and up accordingly depending on width of your neck)
- Make one side a bit longer
- Cross long end over short end
- Thread the long end underneath, pull through, lay over shoulder
- Take end that is dangling and fold into bow
- Take end over neck goes down over center
- Pinch two ends together
- With the little hole, thread back-end through (holding and pinching)
- Make a little bow like you’re tying your shoe
- Let go and grab opposite ends to gradually tighten the bow
- You now have one loop on one side and one loop in the back on the other side (both loose)