You know the saying, “You are what you eat.” Right? But I’m fired up because estrogen is coursing through our veins when it actually should be testosterone. This estrogen is coming from the food you eat, but I can help you reduce or eliminate some of it. I am not saying that you should never eat these foods — I am just saying to only eat them every once in awhile.
Eat these only every once in awhile
- Meat — a lot of meat is pumped full of hormones. I opt for bison because they are not legally allowed to to pump them full of steroids and antibiotics.
- Milk (aka liquid estrogen) — there is a ton of estrogen and phytoestrogens in milk.
- Carbohydrates — we’re talking breads, pizza, and pastas. You can tell you’ve eaten them because of all the water weight afterward, which is an indication of the high estrogen.
- Alcohol — beer makes your estrogen levels out of whack because hops contains phytoestrogen. There’s a correlation between consumption of beer and man boobs. Eliminate man boobs by giving up the booze.
- Weed — do a google search. If you routinely smoke, your estrogen is high which can cause man boobs.
- Legumes, beans, and nuts — there are a lot of health benefits from these, but they are higher in phytoestrogen. Eat them, but don’t eat them all the time.
- Soy — some studies say it’s not a problem for men, but I don’t eat much because I believe estrogen levels are increased. Soy-based foods may affect hormone levels.